PASSENGER RELATED QUESTIONS
- +How do I request a ride?
- We automatically use GPS and Wi-Fi to set your pickup location. You may also enter an exact address or search for a venue name by tapping the pickup location bar.
Once you’ve set your location and vehicle option, tap “Request Ride” to request your ride.
- +How do I contact my driver?
- You may need to contact your driver if your pickup location has changed or if there’s trouble with the pickup. To call or message your driver, tap the phone icon or the envelope icon.
- +How do I cancel my request?
- You may cancel your request without charge for up to 2 minutes after your initial request. Cancellations made after 2 minutes will incur a fee to compensate your driver for his or her time.
- +How do I get a fare estimate?
- After you’ve set your pickup location and entered a destination, tap Fare Estimate to see the range of fares for your trip.
- +Can I schedule a ride in advance?
- Not yet, but HITCH will be adding this feature in the future.
- +Can I request more than one vehicle at a time with HITCH?
- At this time, it’s not possible to request more than one ride from a single account.
If your party cannot be accommodated by a single vehicle, have multiple people in your group request rides. We offer vehicle options accommodating up to 7 people.
If no one else in your group has a HITCH account, you can invite them to sign up from the main menu of your app. As a bonus, both you and your friend will receive the referral promotion.
- +How do I update my profile information?
- In the HITCH app, open the main menu by tapping on the three horizontal lines in the top left hand corner of the app. Tap on Edit Profile to update your account information
- +How do I reset my password?
- At the bottom of the Log-in screen, tap the Forgot password link. Enter your email address and within a few minutes, you should receive an email inviting you to reset your password. For security reasons, you should choose a unique password for HITCH and never share your password in any correspondence.
If you continue to have trouble accessing your account, please email email@example.com
- +I was charged a cancellation fee?
- You may cancel your request without charge for up to 2 minutes after your driver accepts your trip. Cancellations made after 2 minutes will incur a fee to compensate your driver for his or her time. If you believe you were charged unfairly, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may follow up.
- +How do I change my email or phone number?
- Open the Main menu by tapping on the three horizontal lines in the top left hand corner of the app. Tap on Edit Profile and enter your new phone number or email address.
- +How do I update my payment information?
- Open the Main menu by tapping on the three horizontal lines in the top left hand corner of the app. Tap payment info to enter new payment details.
- +How can I earn free rides or credit?
- You can earn free rides or HITCH account credit by inviting your friends to sign up and ride using your personal invite code. You can find your personal invite code in the HITCH app by tapping “Invite & Get free Rides” in the main menu.
DRIVER RELATED QUESTIONS
- +How do I reset my password?
Open the Main menu by tapping on the three horizontal lines in the top left hand corner of the app. Tap on Edit Profile, and at the very bottom tap on change password.
- +How do I update my profile info?
Open the Main menu by tapping on the three horizontal lines in the top left hand corner of the app. Tap on Edit Profile
- +How do I disable email updates?
We use email to inform drivers of the latest HITCH updates and incentives.
If you decide you no longer want to receive these updates, you can click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email message.
- +Riders are unable to call or text me.
- Riders may be unable to contact if you if your account’s phone number is listed incorrectly or has recently changed. Please verify your info under the Driver Profile tab.
If your phone number is listed correctly and riders are still unable to contact you please send us an email at email@example.com.
- +My phone doesn’t ring to notify me of ride requests.
If your device fails to ring when receiving a ride request:
-Check to see if the device is set to mute.
-Check to see if your device is plugged into a USB port in your vehicle that deactivates its sound.
Check out the links below for more information about managing your phone’s sound settings.
- +My phone shows a “Network Error”
If your device shows “Network Error”, try disabling the WiFi connection. Some wireless networks interfere with the HITCH app’s connection to our servers.
If you continue to experience issues with your network connection, it may be helpful to toggle airplane mode on for 20 seconds or reboot your device to reset the network connection.
- +My phone is heating up
- The HITCH driver app uses your device’s GPS and data connection when running. As such, it’s normal for your device to heat up.
Storing the device out of direct sunlight and being mindful of the air conditioning or heat vents where your phone is mounted can help to keep it cool.
- +My phone is unresponsive (freezing or hanging)
- If your device is unresponsive, a hard reset may resolve the issue.
On iPhone: - Simultaneously press and hold the power button (on top of your phone) and the home button (the circular button on the front of your phone). - Hold both buttons down for 15 seconds until the Apple logo appears. - Your phone may take up to 60 seconds to reset.
On Android: - Press and hold the Power button until the menu pops up. - Touch Power off or Restart if that is an option for you. - Touch OK to confirm. - Press and hold the Power button until your device starts
- +What type of phone / device can run the HITCH app?
- The HITCH driver app can be installed on iPhone 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, and 6 Plus running iOS 7 or later, or devices running Android 4.0 or later.
Normal use of the HITCH driver app consumes about 200 MB of data per month.
We recommend choosing a data plan that allows for at least 1 GB of data use per month to avoid unexpected charges from your carrier.
Yes, the HITCH driver app will run in the background while you use other apps.
- +What happens if I change taxis?
- If you change from the original taxi you used when you registered for your HITCH driver account, please provide us with the new information in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update your driver profile.
- +How do I update my vehicle details?
- To update the make, model, or color for a vehicle already listed on your account, please send us an email email@example.com to update your vehicle profile.
- +How do I update expired documents?
- To update any expired documents, please provide us with the information in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to update your driver profile.
- +How do I report a missing payment?
- Payments are processed every Monday and Thursday from Butterfield Bank. If you believe there is an issue with your payment, please contact us at email@example.com
- +How do I report a missing trip from list of trips?
- If you believe a trip is missing from your list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to investigate.
- +How do I update my banking info?
- If you change banks accounts from the original account used with registration, please send us an email email@example.com to update your payment profile.
- +What taxes and fees does HITCH charge?
- HITCH doesn’t charge drivers any additional fees.
- +How often do I get paid?
- Payments are processed every Monday and Thursday.
- +How can I verify my payment?
- You will receive an email after every booking is completed so that you have a record of each ride. You can also view a list of your completed bookings via the HITCH application.
HOW TO USE HITCH
- +How are driver ratings calculated?
- After each completed trip, riders are asked to rate their experience on a scale of one to five stars. Providing a high quality of service to riders is the best way to maintain a high average rating.
Your rating is an average of ratings provided for your last 50 completed trips.
Please note that cancelled trips are not rated by riders and will never affect your rating.
- +I can’t find an answer
- If you’re unable to find your answer here, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reach out to you shortly to follow up!
- +Can I come into the office for help?
- If you need in person assistance, please feel free to drop into our office in Hamilton.
31 Dundonald Street
Hamilton, HM 10
FEES AND RATES
- +How are fares calculated?
- Rates for all taxi’s using the HITCH app are aligned with the customary metered rate. Hitch customers pay a surcharge to cover credit card fees, gratuities, and operational expenses.
- +How are cancellation fees charged?
- Riders may cancel without incurring a fee for up to 2 minutes after you accept a ride. Cancellations made after two minutes will incur a fee to compensate you for your time. If you’re running more than 2 minutes behind the provided ETA and the rider cancels the request, they will not be charged a cancellation fee.
If you cancel the trip more than 5 minutes after you’ve arrived because the rider has not shown up, the rider will be charged a cancellation fee. However we recommend that you only cancel the ride after speaking to the passenger.